Checklist During a Fire Alarm Inspection you might not be concerned about a fire breakout, but do you know that around 40% of the businesses that experience fire accidents end up getting closed. Every 24 seconds there’s a fire incident in the United States alone, which shows the importance of regular fire alarm inspection. The only way to avoid an unexpected fire is to prevent it. Firesupplies.ae provide a wide range of products that you need to comply with the Federal Law No. 505.
The UAE Federal Law No. 505 requires businesses to provide appropriate fire awareness training on the basics of preventive fire safety and firefighting. It should be completed every two years to obtain a certificate to prove that “preventive safety requirements are met by a recognized DCD-approved provider”. If the requirements are not met, it could lead to heavy penalties. Here we present you the checklist that you should follow for an effective fire alarm inspection.
Fire Safety Equipment
Fire safety equipment is a vital part of fire inspections. Fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, fire alarms, and fire sprinkler systems need to be inspected to ensure they are operational and comply with the fire safety codes. All the safety equipment needed is available at firesupplies.ae. It is important therefore to ensure that all equipment is operational and comply with the fire safety codes.
The checklist should include:
- Timely inspection (at least once a year) of the fire safety Equipment as extinguishers, alarm panels, and fire sprinklers.
- Check for water pressure, hose connection, and the valves. (available at firesupplies.ae)
- The minimum number of extinguishers are present within 75 feet distance from any place in your facility.
- Match the requirements of the size and type of equipment for your kind of business.
- Check for any signs of corrosion, damage, or leakage. Buy good quality products and equipment from firesupplies.ae to avoid the risk of corrosion, or damage.
- Fire extinguishers are in hanging on the wall as per the safety requirements. (Usually 3.5 feet above if they are higher and 5 feet above if they are lighter).
- The extinguishers must be mounted in the extinguisher cabinet.
- The fire alarm panel must not have any warning lights.
- Appropriate and satisfactory clearance around the deflectors of a fire sprinkler. (Usually, 3-feet recommended) This is to ensure timely water disperse without obstruction.
Inspection of Exit Routes
The exit routes hold much importance when it comes to fire safety inspection. If the exit door doesn’t open on time. There are several factors that need to be inspected
- The exit routes should be looked for any obstruction.
- There must be at least 2 fire exits at the facility.
- The exit route should have a path of at least 36 inches wide.
- The doors to exit should be easy to open and close.
- The path to exit doors must be marked properly. Usually, the facility loses power, and visibility issues arise due to heavy smoke.
- The exit signs must have a backup battery to make exit easy. You can find the relevant exit signs with test switch and light on firesupplies.ae.
- You can use an Exit door holder that is battery operated, or an exit stopper double door alarm to make the exit door work smoothly. You can buy the holder and stopper at firesupplies.ae.
Fire Prevention Practices
Adequate fire prevention measures must be ensured in the facility. Fire preventive measures should be put in place to avoid the risk of fire from scratch. The important checklist to follow in this regard is as follows.
- All combustible materials and liquids are stored in fireproof cabinets as they represent a special fire hazard. You can find the best quality fire-proof cabinets on firesupplies.ae.
- There is an occupancy limit for each type of building according to the purpose it is serving. If a fire incident occurs. The occupancy limit represents the number of people who could safely evacuate the building in a timely manner.
- Electrical sockets must not be overloaded. Multi-plug adapters must be avoided.
- Electrical panels are easily reachable and there are no obstructions in reaching them. They must be far enough to avoid the risk of fire. Usually, 3 feet of clearance in front of the panel is required to lessen the risk of fire and to provide sufficient working space.
- The extension cords cannot be used in place of permanent wiring to avoid the fire risk.
Buy Professional and Good Quality Material
To avoid the fire risk and make your fire inspections successful, always choose quality products. From hose to fire cabinets, sprinkler to fire alarms, exit signs to exit door battery, you will find the best quality products that could be life-saver in case a fire breaks out.