The Emergency First Aid & CPR training course has been developed to equip the first aiders with critical skills that can be applied in emergencies across various settings. Candidates attending this training course will know emergency first-aid procedures. The topics covered will help to maintain good practice in the safe, prompt and effective emergency first-aid treatment of individuals.
On completion of the Emergency First Aid & CPR training course, the learner will be able to:
- Recognize when someone is unwell
- Know the causes of cardiac arrest
- Know the chain of survival
- Perform a primary survey
- Deliver adult and child CPR effectively
- Help an adult/child choking victims
The Emergency First Aid & CPR course should be completed by all individuals needing to be qualified and competent in giving CPR. This course will provide the necessary steps that need to be taken to administer efficient CPR in a variety of environments.
The Emergency First Aid & CPR teaches participants how to respond to life-threatening emergencies. The course focuses on primary care through a combination of knowledge development, skill development, and realistic scenario demonstration to make sure participants have the confidence in their ability to provide care when emergency situations arise.
Course Content This Emergency First Aid & CPR training course covers the following:
- Be familiar with the chain of survival
- Have an awareness of the main heart rhythms
- Know how to complete the primary survey
- Know how to deal with an unconscious victim
- Know how to administer CPR, including hands-only CPR
- Know the differences between adult and pediatric CPR algorithms
- Understand the effects of post-traumatic stress disorder
- Be able to support a choking victim (adult and pediatric)
- Be familiar with the symptoms of angina and heart attack
- Know what to do when you suspect angina or heart attack
Assessment & Certification
- Learners are required to answer a series of questions to ensure that their understanding of the theory content meets the required standard.
- Candidates who attend & complete the training will receive an institutional Training Certificate valid for 2 years.
Duration: 3 – 4 Hours